May 15, 2012

How I overcame Addiction of Watching Cricket Matches

Even if you are told that that 'this match is fixed', you may continue to watch it till the last ball. If you continue to watch a cricket match, even after you are told that it is fixed match, then probably you may have addiction of watching cricket.

Social Psychologists have made experiments and warned about serious psychological damages to viewers who watch T20 type matches. It makes them edgy, insisting on instant gratification and tilts them towards criminal behaviours in Social Circles.

When I was addicted to Cricket Viewing, I noticed one thing, if I do not start watching at all, then I feel no temptation to watch it. But if I start watching it, after 20 minutes, I am trapped. I have to watch the full match. So I do not start watching cricket match at all.

Now since years, I do not watch cricket matches. Probably, I may be missing a lot. But if matches are fixed as they say, then I think I may not be missing much.

Haresh Raichura
15th May,2012